1. Adoption Donation: To assist us in continuing our rescue work, Adopter agrees to make a non-refundable donation of $150-500, donation varies based on adult dog or puppy and adult cat or kitten. This donation is immediately used to pay the ongoing costs of rescuing stray and shelter animals, including food, veterinary care, kenneling costs, behavior training, etc.
2. Spay/Neuter: If this animal has not been sterilized prior to this adoption due to age or physical condition, you agree to enter into a Sterilization Agreement with us to have the Dog or Cat spayed or neutered in accordance with the Sterilization Agreement.
3. Care of the Animal: You agree that this animal is being adopted as a family member and will be given extensive house privileges; i.e. sleep inside the house, be allowed freedom of the house when the family is home, and will NOT be restricted to the yard at any time. You agree to provide the Animal with fresh water, wholesome dog/cat food, adequate outdoor exercise, affection and shelter. You also agree that the animal will not be used as a guard animal, or for any purpose other than as a companion and friend to you and your family. No alteration to the animal’s appearance is permitted (i.e. docking of tails, ears).
4. Veterinary Care: The Animal will be examined by your licensed veterinarian within 10 days after adoption and will be provided with medical treatment as needed. You agree to keep all vaccinations current including but not limited to Rabies, Distemper/Parvo (DHLPP), Bordetella, Feline Distemper, Feline Leukemia AND to ensure the Animal receives preventative medication to protect against heartworm if necessary. The animal will have age appropriate vaccinations by adoption date and you agree to complete all necessary vaccinations by your private veterinarian after adoption (i.e. Rabies shots if adopted under 4 months of age or any necessary boosters). You agree to provide the best available care to the Animal in a timely manner. Any veterinary problems that may arise, including serious illness requiring emergency care or surgery is your responsibility and you are responsible for all related costs.
5. Safe Environment: Where applicable, adopter will provide a secure fenced yard, with ample room for outdoor exercise. If fencing needs repair or modification in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the Dog, you agree to make any necessary repairs prior to allowing Adoptee access to the yard. You agree to maintain the security of the fencing in the future to further secure the Dog. Adopter understands that gardeners, pool men, contractors and utility workers are not responsible for the safety of the Dog, therefore adoptee must be kept indoors when workmen have access to the yard. Adopter agrees to keep the cat indoors at all times, and will not allow the cat to be an outside cat.
NOTE: Many dogs are sensitive and scared of loud noises, and you hereby agree to keep the adoptee indoors or in a safe and secure environment on holidays such as July 4th and New Years Eve.
6. Leash/Collar Etc: You will walk the dog on a leash when on public streets or in parks or other unfenced areas, and will never allow the Dog to roam free unsupervised. The Dog will NEVER be tied up on your property or elsewhere. Adopter understands that restraining a dog by tying it to a fixed post or wire run is illegal. You will not leave the dog crated and/or otherwise confined for extended periods of time (more than 5 hours).
7. Transportation: The Animal will be properly restrained, preferably using either a secured crate or seat harness when transported in any vehicle. Adoptee will never be transported in the back of an open vehicle or pick-up truck. Adoptee will not be allowed to ride with his/her head outside the window of a moving vehicle.
8. Lost Animal: You agree to make an immediate and serious effort to find the Animal if it becomes lost, by (a) filing lost reports with the local police, animal control authorities, animal shelters, SPCAs and local veterinarians and pet stores, (b) post lost dog/cat signs (c) place lost dog/cat ads in your local paper (d) contact us for additional support and advice. Furthermore, Adopter understands that if the loss was the result of negligence or failure to comply with the covenants of this Agreement, Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. reserves the right not to return the Dog or cat and to place adoptee into a new home.
9. No Right to Transfer: If at any time in the future you cannot continue to provide proper care for the Animal, you will not abandon, give or sell the Animal to another person, company, organization, medical research, pound or animal shelter. You agree to do one or more of the following:
A. Obtain approval from Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. to transfer the ownership of the Dog or Cat to a friend or relative. Rescue must approve the new adopter who will be required to sign an agreement similar to this one.
B. Agree to cover the costs to board Adoptee for an agreed-upon time, allowing Rescue to actively seek a new home and then relinquish the Animal to Rescue whena home is found. Note: Boarding costs are $15 to $30 per day.
C. Return Adoptee to Rescue.
10. Return Policy: If Adopter decided to not keep the Dog or cat, Adopter hereby agrees to return the Adoptee to Rescue. Importantly, Adopter agrees to give Rescue ten working days to secure a kennel, and will provide safe and loving care of the Animal until it is returned. _____(Adopter Initial). Adopter agrees to safely transport the Animal to the determined kennel or veterinarian facility, and will return any/all paperwork and supplies provided by Rescue at that time.
11. Euthanasia: You agree that you may not euthanize the Animal except in the case of the Animal's terminal illness or injury, or old age accompanied by pain and suffering and in that case, the euthanasia must be performed by a licensed veterinarian.
12. Change of Contact Info: You will notify Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. of all changes of address and/or telephone within 30 days after the change. Communications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Follow Up: Adopter understands and agrees that Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. is fully entitled to make follow-up visits or phone calls to ascertain that all of the covenants and clauses of this agreement are being satisfied. Adopter is obligated to cooperate with Rescue.
Right to Reclaim: Adopter understands and agrees that Rescue reserves the right to reclaim adoptee if any of the above conditions are not met to the satisfaction of Rescue.
No Warrantee: Rescue makes no warranty as to the temperament or physical condition of the Adoptee. The Adoptee is being adopted as is.
Release & Indemnification/No Liability: Adopter hereby releases Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. from any and all liability for personal injury, property damage, legal fees, or veterinary care, or any other expense or liability incurred by Adopter as a result of this adoption. Adopter agrees to indemnify Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. from any and all such claims and to pay, without limitation, any costs related to such injury, damage, or liability, including, in the case of litigation, any attorneys fees incurred by Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. in its defense.
Breach of Agreement: In the event that you do not comply with the terms of this Agreement, or the Animal is abused or neglected, we hold the right to recover the Animal from you upon demand, and the Animal will be surrendered to us immediately.
This Voluntary Release/Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) is made and entered between this above named and Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. effective as of the indicated date. The undersigned desires to adopt an animal from Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc., and as an inducement to RESCUE to agree to the adoption, the undersigned hereby represents, acknowledges and agrees as follows:
I acknowledge that, due to the unpredictable nature of animals, certain risks and dangers may occur while caring for an animal, including risks of injury to person and property, and that I have voluntarily agreed to make the adoption contemplated herein with full knowledge of such risks and hereby voluntarily assume all of such risks.
I agree that I will not make any claims against, sue or attach any property of Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc., its directors, officers, agents, employees and/or volunteers for any injury or damage caused by any animal(s) adopted from Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc.
I hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish any and all actions or causes of action for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to me or third parties as a result of any action or activity of any animal(s) adopted by me from Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. It is my intention by this instrument to exempt and relieve Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. from ALL liability for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death caused by negligence or otherwise.
I hereby agree to hold Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. and its claims, judgments directors, officers, agents and/or employees harmless and indemnify them from and against any liability, or expenses I may incur arising out of my adoption of an animal from Mutty Paws Rescue, Inc. and/or my ownership or care of any such animal thereafter.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT TOGETHER THEY CONSTITUTE A DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY BY MUTTY PAWS RESCUE, INC. AND A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS BY ME. I UNDERSTAND THAT I ASSUME ALL RISKS INHERENT IN MY DECISION TO ADOPT AN ANIMAL FROM MUTTY PAWS RESCUE, INC. AND ANY RELATED ACTIVITIES.
If any portion of this Release is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance hereof shall continue in full legal force and effect.